WELCOME TO “Way Cool” KEYBOARDING
This innovative program is designed specially for Teens and Pre‐teens with music that is fun and interesting and accompaniments that “rock”! Teens can hang out and make music together while they learn to read music, improvise and play from chord charts ‐ preparing them for garage bands, praise and worship bands and other popular ensembles.
From the very first lesson, our “Way Cool” students experience the following:
- Music in contemporary, rock 'n roll, praise and worship and pop styles.
- Chord charts to prepare students to play and create their favorite tunes. Our step-by-step approach to realizing chord charts is both fun and creative.
- Improvisation and composition opportunities. We strongly encourage expression, creativity and finding your own voice at the piano.
- Cool accompaniment tracks to play along with and accelerate learning.
- Ensemble experiences that prepare students for making music with others.